Rob is the State Member for Southport, Deputy Chair of the Queensland Parliamentary Health & Environment Committee, Assistant Shadow Minister for Families, Seniors, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Co-chair of the Parliamentary Friends of First Nations.
His previous public service includes roles as:
- Assistant Minister for Child Safety
- Assistant Minister for Planning & Development
- Shadow Minister for Housing & Public Works.
- Gold Coast City Councillor & Chair of Finance & Internal Services
- Deputy Chair of Transportation, Public Works and Utilities Committees.
- Chief Opposition Whip.
Outside of work, Rob has an extensive range of not-for-profit board experience. He was a founding director of the Gold Coast NRL Titans, founding Chairman of the Gold Coast Community Fund and has 15 years’ service as a director of Bravehearts, the charity committed to protecting our kids from child sexual abuse. He continues to be an ambassador and fundraiser for the Vinnies CEO Sleepout, which raises money to help provide accommodation and services to the homeless. He is also a strong advocate and champion of Southport based Domestic Violence support services.