This policy spans all aspects of service delivery by Common Ground Queensland and applies to all visitors to the Brisbane Common Ground building at 15 Hope Street, South Brisbane. Visitors include:
- Visitors of tenants;
- Staff of visiting services;
- Visitors of Common Ground Queensland and the on-site Support Provider;
- Building tour groups;
- Visiting officials;
- Members of the public attending functions in function rooms; and
- Employees of Common Ground Queensland and the on-site Support Provider who are based at 15 Hope Street South Brisbane; and
- Visitors and staff of the retail tenancies.
Common Ground Queensland is committed to fostering tenants’ social connections and inclusion. Brisbane Common Ground is the tenants’ home and visitors are welcome. We recognise that from time to time tenants will have family, friends and service providers to visit. We encourage positive relationships and are supportive of tenants’ visitors, both in common areas and in residential units.
Common Ground Queensland is committed to ensuring safe access for all visitors and to minimising risks to visitors, tenants, staff and the building.
Common Ground Queensland’s procedures for identifying and registering visitors are for the safety of the visitors, tenants, employees and the building. We ensure that these processes are fair, consistent and transparent.
The following principles guide the content and administration of this policy:
- Tenants’ social connections, including visitors, are facilitated and supported within a context of safety, choice and respectful relationships;
- The number of visitors allowed at any one time in a residential unit or any common area will be set by Common Ground Queensland from time to time, in accordance with legislative requirements and effective risk management;
- All visitors must comply with all reasonable directions of Common Ground Queensland, or their delegates;
- A visitor’s record of identification is held on file for 12 months from the date of their last visit; and
- The welfare and wellbeing of children while in the building is of paramount importance. Visits by children under 18 years will be subject to specific policy and guidelines as set by Common Ground Queensland.
Procedures that Implement
This policy will be actively implemented by adherence to the following procedures and documents:
- Building Act 1975
- Child Supervision Guidelines
- Concierge Manual
- Emergency Procedures Manual
- Evacuation Plan
- Extended Stay Visitor Approval Form
- Functions, Events and Venue Tour Procedure
- Good Neighbour Charter (Attachment B)
- Incident Management and Reporting Procedure
- Infectious Disease Control Procedure
- Privacy and Confidentiality Procedure
- Protecting Children Policy
- Tenant Handbook
- Visitor Procedure
- Visitor Rules